, developers of professional software solutions for editors, filmmakers, motion designers and visual effects artists, recently announced their October schedule of live events, including
LightBox Expo 2022
Adobe MAX 2022 Creativity Conference
(October 18-20), and
NAB Show New York
(October 19-20). Hot off the heels of a successful IBC showcase, Maxon will be returning to more live events to showcase their toolset and support artists using Cinema 4D, Red Giant VFX and motion graphics tools, ZBrush, Forger, and Redshift. Attendees can expect to see demonstrations of the entire Maxon One suite, including presentations from yet another lineup of crowd favorite graphic and motion design artists.
“We were so pleased with the turnout and demand for content and interaction from both the in-person and virtual community at IBC, and we hope to see this continue to grow as we head into an event-heavy October,” says Maxon CEO, David McGavran. “We are proud to have fostered connections with so many talented 3D and motion graphic artists over the years, who are all keen to share their valuable insight and tricks of the trade through our ongoing workshops and presentations. The transition to a hybrid event offering has been a seamless one, and we’re grateful to the community that keeps showing up and showing support.”
Key Event Highlights
Lightbox is a celebration of the artists and creators behind fan favorite films, animation, games, TV shows and illustrations. Artists will be hanging out at Maxon’s booth, creating with Maxon products for approximately an hour. Featured artists will include Aiman Akhtar, who’s worked with Dreamworks, Blizzard, and Disney among many others; Justin Goby Fields, whose credits include Halo 5, “Dawn of the Planet of the Apes,” and “Goosebumps”; Michael Maher, with credits including “Stranger Things”; and many more. Learn more about Maxon’s presence at LightBox expo here
Adobe MAX Workshops
Maxon will be conducting mini workshops from their Adobe MAX booth #909 on the exhibition showfloor from 9am to 5pm PDT each day. Led by Maxon’s expert trainers, these will cover workflows and introductions across the entire Maxon One product range, with topics including C4D Lite Intro, Tracking and Compositing, 3D and Photoshop, ZBrush, and many more. See the full workshop schedule here
3D and Motion Design Show, Live from NAB New York
Presentations will take place each day throughout the show (October 19th and 20th) from industry-leading artists who will share their professional 3D techniques and real-world production workflows using Cinema 4D, Redshift, Red Giant products, and ZBrush digital sculpting tools. Presenters include:
• Andrew Hess is a freelance motion art director with over 12 years experience who recently worked with Method Studios to help create the end titles for
• Brad Nicholls is the head of computer graphics on the Aardman produced show,
Pop Paper City, with a background in live action cinematography and lighting.
• Carlos Hidalgo is a motion design artist and the co-founder and Chief Creative Officer of Muzi Labs, the lead production studio partnering with contemporary analog artists to extend stories into digital medium.
• Chris Vranos is a CG, motion graphics, and compositing generalist, as well as the creator of interactive experiences and software, such as Lockdown and Composite Brush.
• Cory Martin is a 3D generalist and art director with over seven years of experience in motion graphics design for both commercial and broadcast projects for various clients, ranging from startups to Fortune 500 companies.
• Dave Weinstock is a multi-disciplinary 2D/3D designer working in the entertainment, advertising, and automotive industries, working with clients such as Marvel, Netflix, Wizards of the Coast, Google, and many more.
• EJ Hassenfratz is a multi-Emmy Award-winning freelance motion design artist and Cinema 4D Master Trainer, currently working as a Creative Director at School of Motion.
• Ingrid Barany is a biomedical artist with interests in creating harmony between arts and sciences through visual storytelling, 2D/3D animation, and graphic design.
• Joe Herman is an artist, animator, motion designer, and filmmaker. As well as teaching computer art and animation at the School of Visual Art, he has worked for well-known production companies, broadcast networks and advertising agencies.
• John LePore is chief creative director at Perception, an award-winning creative consultancy, contributing to blockbuster projects ranging from superheroes to hypercars to future-tech.
- • Julia Siemón is a motion design director who’s worked on award-winning rebrands for Spike, Vice, and The Weather Channel as well as commercial work for Converse, Amazon, Yahoo, and many more.
Head over to 3DMotionShow.com
to see the four day presentation schedule in full.
In parallel with these events, Maxon is also running an exciting giveaway with the leading manufacturer for high-performance workstations and laptops, Dell. The contest is open to legal residents of the United States, as well as international regions, except where contests are prohibited, or delivery is restricted. Eligible participants can enter for the chance to win a Dell Precision 5470 Mobile Workstation, estimated US retail value $4,000. Contest entry and rules available here