BROOKLYN, NY –
The holographic display company Looking Glass Factory has released a plugin for Epic Games’ Unreal Engine. Now content creators working in Unreal Engine 4 can instantly view and share their 3D content holographically in any one of Looking Glass Factory’s line of holographic displays.
The UE4 plugin can be downloaded for free at https://lookingglassfactory.com/unreal
In the past, content creators have been limited to visualizing their 3D content on a flat 2D screen. With the Unreal plugin, now content creators can see what their models, worlds, and experiences will look like in 3D in real-time. This is especially crucial for industries such as automotive, architecture, mapping/GIS, medical imaging, and entertainment, which use Unreal Engine to view complex 3D environments.
“Having access to a glasses-free holographic display is a massive breakthrough, and presents an exciting prospect for teams working in immersive computer graphics, visualization and content creation,” explained Kim Libreri, CTO, Epic Games.
Powered by Looking Glass Factory’s proprietary light field technology, Looking Glass holographic displays are true holographic windows into another world that can be experienced by groups of up to a dozen people.
The Unreal Engine Plugin feature list includes:
- Real-time 3D view of content in Unreal’s Game View
- Holographic 3D visuals in the editor and in builds
- Support for buttons on Looking Glass displays
- One-build deployment for 8.9", 15.6", and 8K units
- Adjustable camera for clipping planes and FoV
- Support for default image effects from Unreal, or customizable effects
- Windows only (Linux/Ubuntu coming soon)
- Leap Motion Controller support