Blackmagic Design has announced the URSA Mini Pro 12K, a new digital film camera with an advanced 12,288x6,480 12K Super 35 image sensor, 14 stops of dynamic range and high frame rate shooting at up to 60 frames per second in 12K at 80 megapixels per frame.
This new 3rd generation model supports new Blackmagic Generation 5 Color Science and higher Blackmagic RAW performance, all in the award winning URSA Mini Pro camera body.
The camera’s definition around objects makes it ideal for working with green screen and VFX including compositing live action and CGI.
Blackmagic URSA Mini Pro 12K features:
The URSA Mini Pro 12K is priced at $9,995 and will be available July 2020.
- 12,288 x 6480 12K Super 35 sensor.
- Use for feature films, VFX and high end TVC's.
- 14 stops of dynamic range and native 800 ISO.
- New Blackmagic RAW for real time 12K editing.
- Blackmagic RAW optimized for Metal, CUDA and OpenCL.
- Generation 5 Color Science with new film curve.
- Shoot up to 60 fps in 12K, 110 fps at 8K and 220 fps at 4K.
- Dual card CFast recording at up to 900MB/s.
- PL mount included, EF and F mounts available.
- SuperSpeed USB-C for recording to external disks.
- Includes DaVinci Resolve Studio for post production.
- Compatible with new Blackmagic URSA Mini Recorder.
Blackmagic Design also announced these additional products:
The UltraStudio Monitor 3G and UltraStudio Recorder 3G ($115, available now), two new capture and playback solutions featuring 3G-SDI and HDMI connections plus high speed Thunderbolt 3 technology. UltraStudio Monitor 3G and UltraStudio Recorder 3G are extremely portable, pocket sized products powered by their Thunderbolt connections so they can be operated from a computer’s battery or power source.
Blackmagic Video Assist 3G ($495, available now), lower cost models versions of the company's portable monitoring and recording solutions. These new models feature built in scopes, upgraded batteries, 3G-SDI and HDMI for all SD and HD formats, all at a more affordable price.
Earlier this week, Blackmagic Design released Fusion Studio 16.2.4, an update to its VFX and motion graphics software that improves render performance when using custom tools and addresses issues with aux channel and combiner nodes, gradient modifiers on color controls, gain controls on the duplicate fuse, Blackmagic Design camera LUTs, and more.