Blackmagic Design is now shipping its Teranex Mini SDI to DisplayPort 8K HDR, an advanced 8K DisplayPort monitoring solution for DisplayPort monitors such as the new Apple Pro Display XDR.
The Teranex Mini SDI to DisplayPort 8K HDR features:
- Support for HDR via SDI and DisplayPort.
- Two built-in scopes live overlaid on monitor.
- Film industry quality 33 point 3D LUTs.
- Advanced Quad Link 12G-SDI inputs for 8K.
- Scales input video to the native monitor resolution.
- Selectable HD and 4K content pixel-by-pixel mode.
- LCD for monitoring and menu settings.
- Utility software included for Mac and Windows.
- Support for Pro Display XDR and latest 4K, 5K, 6K, 8K DisplayPort monitors.
- Can be used on a desktop or rack mounted.
It is priced at $1,295.
Additionally, Blackmagic Design also recently released DaVinci Resolve Studio 16.2.1 and Fusion Studio 16.2.1.
DaVinci Resolve Studio 16.2.1 allows for encoding of 32-bit float audio in QuickTime clips, supports trimming QuickTime audio clips when managing media, and adds support for double clicking to open DRP files on Windows and Linux. It also adds new support for H.265 4:4:4 12-bit files when using Nvidia GPUs, improves decode support for 10-bit H.265 4:4:4, as well as performance with ProRes, DNxHR, and OpenEXR on high end CPUs. DolbyVision analysis has been improved, systems with Intel graphics are now more reliable, and general improvements have been made for decoding camera clips with AAC audio, HDR tone mapping, transition performance and more.
Fusion Studio 16.2.1 improves the reliability of OCIO (Open Color IO) tools when processing canvas color, improves the paint color picker, DeltaKeyer reliability when using solid mattes, masking and more. The update also adds better support for fonts on Macs when using Fusion’s text tools and features improved scripting and plug-in reliability on Macs running Mojave.