TURIN, ITALY — View Conference, Italy’s renowned gathering of industry leaders in VFX, computer graphics, animation and gaming, has concluded its most exciting and expansive year, hosting over 10,000 attendees. The event concluded with the announcing of its 2017 View Award winners in a competition judged by an international jury from attending companies that included Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, among others.
The winners of the awards competition honoring animated short films created during 2016 and 2017, are:
Best Short – (the winner of the competition’s 2,000 EUR prize)
‘NACHSAISON’ (Late Season)
Description: An elderly couple seem to have lost their affections for one another. One day at the beach, after falling asleep, something incredible happens - that rekindles their long lost romantic feelings.
Directed and Produced by: Daniela Leitner
Produced in Austria, Italy and Portugal.
Production Date: January 20, 2017
Genre: Comedy, Drama
Jury Prize for Excellence
Description: When a spaceship crashes in the forest, a raptor's leisure turns into a pursuit for the most elusive prey.
Directed and Produced by: Victor Garrido
‘MONSTERS’ - Director: Ivan Gerard, Production Company: Method Studios
‘UNDISCOVERED’ - Director: Sarah Litzenberger, Savannah College of Art and Design
‘THE WOLF GURU’ - Director: Mian Quin, Savannah College of Art and Design
‘PEOPLE OF COLOR’ - Director: Raghav Arumugam, Savannah College of Art and Design
The VIEW AWARDS 2017 jury featured an international panel of judges:
- Kim White - Director of Photography - Lighting, CARS 3 - Pixar Animation Studios
- Jason Bickerstaff - Character Artist - Pixar Animation Studios
- Alessandro Jacomini - Director of Photography: Lighting - Disney Animation Studios
- Mark Osborne - Director, The Little Prince, Kung Fu Panda
- Cinzia Angelini - Writer/Director/Story Artist – MILA
- James Salomoni - Student, University of Turin
- Professor Maria Elena Gutierrez - CEO & Director VIEW Conference/VIEWFEST, President of the Jury
The 18th annual event (which ran from October 23-27, 2017) included a stellar line-up of industry leaders from around the world including, four-time Oscar winner Joe Letteri, and Oscar winners John Nelson, Hal Hickel and Scott Stokdyk.