LAS VEGAS (NAB 2016) – Blackmagic Design has rolled out the new Blackmagic Duplicator 4K, which allows delivery of Ultra HD content to consumers by recording files onto inexpensive SD cards that can be distributed to customers the moment an event is finished.
Featuring 25 built-in SD card recorders, multi-rate 12G-SDI connections and a real-time H.265 encoder, Blackmagic Duplicator 4K delivers Ultra HD content that customers can actually view on their 4K televisions and Windows 10 computers.
The Blackmagic Duplicator 4K encodes video using H.265, which is the new standard for Ultra HD delivery, and saves files in an open file format on to standard SD cards. The H.265 video looks better than the older H.264 standard, and the files are small with data rates low so content can play back from standard SD card media.
Blackmagic Duplicator 4K key features include:
- 25 SD card recorders for simultaneously recording onto multiple cards at once.
- Real-time H.265 encoding technology, which is the standard for Ultra HD.
- 12G-SDI input and loop thru output, along with RS-422 control.
- Uses open-standard file formats that are compatible with computers and Ultra HD televisions.
- Records all SD, HD and Ultra HD formats up to 2160p60.
- Record unlimited cards by daisy-chaining multiple duplicators together.
- Easy-to-use front panel controls with lock, record, append, stop and remote buttons.
- Built-in universal 110V - 240V AC power supply.
Blackmagic Duplicator 4K is available now for $1,995.