LAS VEGAS (NAB 2016) – Avid has placed a new spin on storage, introducing the new Avid NEXIS,
the industry’s first software-defined storage platform specifically designed for storing and managing media. Avid NEXIS enables fully virtualized storage so media organizations can adjust storage capacity mid-project, without disrupting workflows.
Powered by the Avid MediaCentral Platform,Avid NEXIS delivers media storage for both Avid-based and third-party workflows, serving large and small production teams.
Based on the openness of Avid Everywhere, Avid NEXIS works with all top media creation applications.
Production teams can quickly access a shared pool of virtualized storage resources, which dramatically increases their efficiency.
The software-defined storage architecture of Avid NEXIS allows customers to select components that meet their current needs, and easily expand storage capacity and bandwidth as their business grows. Avid NEXIS is also the only scale-out storage solution, so customers can give critical projects maximum performance, while throttling back on less critical workflows. All Avid NEXIS systems are powered by the Avid NEXIS | FS file system.
The Avid NEXIS provides an easy transition path for existing users of Avid ISIS and Avid Unity shared storage solutions. The Avid NEXIS family, expected to be available in Q2 2016, includes:
- Avid NEXIS | E4—High-density integrated storage engine
- Avid NEXIS | E2—Small-footprint integrated storage engine
- System Director Appliance—Increases Avid NEXIS scale and redundancy
- Media Pack—Pack of 10 drives with 20 TB or 60 TB of storage
Redundant Controller—High-availability option for Avid NEXIS systems
- Avid NEXIS | PRO—Professional-class integrated storage engine (successor to ISIS | 1000, providing an easy upgrade path for ISIS | 1000 customers)