LAS VEGAS (NAB 2016) – AJA Video Systems (www.aja.com/en/products/kona-ip) has announced KONA IP, its first desktop video and audio I/O product for professional IP-based workflows. KONA IP is the next generation of AJA’s KONA line of PCIe capture cards and works with AJA Control Room and Control Panel software and SDK tools, along with leading third-party content creation applications.
KONA IP is designed as a flexible platform that supports today’s SMPTE 2022-6 IP-encapsulated uncompressed 3G-SDI, HD-SDI and SD-SDI video, audio and VANC data; and via future firmware updates and codec package offerings, it will also support compressed codecs like J2K and advanced IP protocols including VSF TR-04, VSF TR-03 and more.
KONA IP features include:
- SMPTE 2022-6 support, offering uncompressed video and audio, with future support for other IP standards.
- HDMI output for local monitoring.
- Multi-channel input and/or output to read or send multiple IP-based encapsulated 3G-SDI, HD-SDI and SD-SDI video streams to and from software applications.
- Two 10GigE SFP cages for easy routing of video over IP and 10GigE networks.
- Support for major third-party NLE, compositing and streaming applications.
- Software compatibility with AJA Control Room and Control Panel software.
- Compatible with AJA’s widely adopted NTV2 SDK, for easy integration by AJA Developer Partners.
- 8-lane PCIe 2.0 video and audio desktop I/O card.
AJA has joined Sony’s IP Live Alliance, and Nextera Video will be demonstrating their FPGA IP core at the Sony stand during NAB, showcasing playout of an UltraHD 59.94p Networked Media Interface stream of Sony IP Live Production System over KONA IP.
KONA IP will be available next month through AJA’s worldwide reseller network for $2,495.