MARINA DEL REY, CA – As physically based rendering (PBR) becomes more entrenched, the need for dedicated texturing tools becomes more crucial. Recently, Allegorithmic released Substance Designer 5, the new iteration of its node-based texturing hub for the next generation of game artists.
Co-designed with some of the game industry’s top studios, Substance Designer 5 introduces new features dedicated to next-gen procedural art, as well as pipeline enhancements that ensure consistency for large-scale teams as they share and reuse assets. Non-linear and non-destructive, Substance Designer 5 is the most efficient way to create PBR materials for real-time 3D projects.
Key new features include:
Substance Engine 2.0
– New generation of Allegorithmic's core tech will push Substance Designer’s power of expression to new heights.
– This true image processor allows you to read input images and apply any custom effect or treatment using visual programming.
Transfer Baker – Transfer textures from one mesh to another without worrying about UV changes. Name matching between the high resolution and low-resolution meshes allow artists to bake every part of their object separately and merge the results in one click.
– Any image can be applied to a mesh with no visible seams, helping to control the scale and rotation of the projection
– Makes asset management and sharing of Substance files across artists and studios intuitive and painless.
New Template System
– Creates starting templates tailored to custom engines and pipelines.
Substance Designer 5 is available for pre-order now for the Mac OSX and Windows platforms. It will be officially released on March 4, 2015 with prices that run $149 for an indie and $590 for a pro ($749 floating).
The indie version is for a pre-order discount of $99, down from $149 until March 4. Indie upgrades can be purchased for $50 instead of $75 until release, with a new revenue limit set at $100,000 (up from $10,000). Until release, pro upgrades can be purchased for $200 instead of $300. Interested artists can buy Substance Designer 5 on allegorithmic.com