Grass Valley, CA – AJA Video Systems
released new v12.1 software for Mac and Windows, for the first time providing a single unified all-in-one device driver and Plug-in installer per platform for all currently shipping AJA edit and streaming hardware.
The new software supports a broad range of AJA products including KONA 4, KONA 3G, KONA LHi, KONA LHe Plus, Io 4K, Io XT, Io Express and T-TAP(TM).
The AJA v12.1 driver is compatible with Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 (64-bit) and Mac OS X 10.10 (Yosemite) and OS X 10.9.5 (Mavericks). Aside from being a unified all-in-one device driver across multiple AJA products, new features add support for 4K and UltraHD resolution capture with the Open I/O Plug-in for Avid Media Composer 8.3, along with a new Wirecast capture Plug-in for support for Telestream Wirecast version 5.x and 6.x.
The unified installer includes all of the following:
- Device drivers for all currently shipping AJA hardware including KONA 4, KONA 3G, KONA LHi, KONA LHe Plus, Io 4K, Io XT, Io Express and T-TAP
- AJA Control Room capture/playback software
- AJA Control Panel configuration software
- Adobe Creative Cloud Plug-ins
- Avid Open I/O Plug-in
- Telestream Wirecast Plug-in
The new software also includes a host of performance improvements, and is available today as a free download to existing AJA customers at: https://www.aja.com/en/support