LONDON – Imagination Technologies is offering its high-performance, low-power MIPS Creator CI20 development board for pre-order.
The MIPS Creator CI20 is an affordable micro-computer that runs Linux and Android and enables open-source developers, the maker community, system integrators and others to create a wide range
of applications and projects, ranging from home automation and gaming to wireless multimedia streaming.
The Creator CI20 is available to pre-order at $65, with units available at the end of January 2015.
The development board includes a unique combination of features and specifications:
- A 1.2 GHz MIPS32-based, dual-core processor designed for superior performance and low-power computing
- PowerVR SGX540 graphics offering full support for OpenGL 2.1 and OpenGL ES 2.0
- Dedicated video hardware for low power 1080p decoding at 30 fps
- A full package of connectivity options including fast Ethernet, high-speed 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi
- and Bluetooth 4.0
- On-board memory:1GB DDR3 memory, 4GB flash memory and an SD card expansion slot
- High-quality audio playback
- A comprehensive set of peripherals, including GPIO, SPI, I2C, UART, and more
MIPS Creator CI20 comes pre-installed with Debian 7. Other Linux distributions will be available, including Gentoo and Yocto, as well as a version of Debian 7 that complies with the principles of the Free Software Foundation. Users can also install the latest version of Android v4.4.
Creator CI20 also includes FlowCloud support for application development focused on the Internet of Things (IoT). FlowCloud is an exciting IoT platform from Imagination that enables users to construct solutions for a wide range of applications, including security, personal and professional health monitoring, energy management, cloud-based systems for content delivery and much more.