Grass Valley, CA — AJA Video Systems has rolled out Io 4K, an evolution of its popular devices for professional video I/O, updated and customized for Thunderbolt 2 technology and the latest 4K workflows.
Io 4K connects to any Thunderbolt 2-enabled device such as the new Mac Pro, and uniquely offers an additional Thunderbolt 2 port for daisy-chaining other peripherals in supported workflows.
Io 4K offers a broad range of professional video and audio connectivity, supporting the latest 4K and UltraHD devices. AJA's proven conversion technology allows realtime high-quality scaling of 4K to 2K and UltraHD to HD. Io 4K seamlessly integrates with leading broadcast, post-production and delivery tools such as Final Cut Pro X, Adobe Creative Cloud, Avid Media Composer, AJA Control Room, Telestream Wirecast 5 and more.
Key Io 4K features include:
- 4K/UHD and HD/SD capture and playback across Thunderbolt 2
- Two Thunderbolt 2 ports for daisy-chaining other peripherals in supported workflows
- Use with the new Mac Pro for video output up to 4K at 10-bit quality
- Enables 10-bit 4K video monitoring with Final Cut Pro X 10.1
- 4x bi-directional 3G-SDI
- 4K/UHD/HD HDMI input and output
- Simultaneous SDI and HDMI outputs
- Realtime 4K to 2K or UltraHD to HD down-conversion for HD-SDI and HDMI output
- 10-bit high-quality 4:2:2 and 4:4:4 workflow support
- 16-channel embedded audio on SDI
- 8-channel embedded audio on HDMI
- Multi-channel analog audio output on DB-25 connector
- 2-channel analog audio on RCA connectors
- XLR 12V power for battery or AC use
- RS422 VTR control, Reference, LTC Input
- Headphone jack with level control
Io 4K is now available for $1,995.