CVMP 2011, the eighth annual conference series on media production for film, broadcast, and games, invites high-quality papers which present novel research related to any aspect of media production.
Full-length submitted papers will be subject to peer review, and the conference organizers are expecting to publish papers with well-respected academic publishers. Selected papers will be invited to submit extended versions for a Journal special issue on Visual Media Production.
Papers are invited in all areas of visual media production, including:
- Image- and video-based modeling 3D video capture
- Camera Tracking Multiple
- Video-based human motion-capture Video-based
- Scene Modeling High-dynamic range imaging
and reflectance modeling Photo-realistic rendering &
- Relighting images and Video Motion
- Segmentation and matting Stereo and 3D video
- Infilling, object removal and insertion Image and video
- Image annotation and classification Image enhancement and
- Stylization and cartoon rendering Novel imaging
- 3D and stereo production Visual effects
- Interactive media
and games 3D-TV
- TV, film & e-cinema Content management
- Real-time imaging systems Postproduction using 3D and
- Multiple camera systems Previsualisation
Submission of full technical papers of up to 10 pages are solicited. Accepted papers will be presented as either oral or posters and will appear in the conference proceedings.
Submission Deadline Full Paper: 30th June 2011
Notification of full paper acceptance: 2nd August 2011
Submission of Camera Ready: 2nd September 2011
Short one-page papers presenting novel research in progress are also invited. Short papers will be considered for presentation as posters in a special session.
Submission Deadline Short Paper: October 2011 (TBC)
Conference Chair: Dr.-Ing Oliver Grau, BBC Research and Development, UK
Conference Secretary: Abi Bowman, The Foundry, UK
Programme Chair: Jonathan Starck, The Foundry
Dr. Graham Thomas, BBC R&D, UK Prof. Adrian Hilton, University of Surrey, UK
Dr. Bill Collis, The Foundry, UK Prof. Anil Kokaram, Trinity College Dublin
Tom Evans, Wavecrest Systems Ltd., UK Simon Robinson, The Foundry, UK
Dr. Jan Kautz, UCL, UK