Grass Valley, Calif. - AJA Video Systems is now shipping FS2, its universal frame synchronizer and format converter, with two independent channels that support virtually any input or output.
FS2 can be used as two separate frame synchronizers/converters, or channels can be combined in a variety of ways--within a single, compact 1RU form factor--to support a wide range of workflows.
FS2 builds on AJA's FS1 by adding dual-channel features in a 1RU design. Each FS2 video channel supports analog component or composite, 3G/HD/SD-SDI, Dual-Link, and HDMI I/O, as well as Optical Fiber I/O options. Each channel has its own still-store, keyer, and video proc amp/color corrector.
With support for all broadcast video formats in a single converter box, FS2 makes it easy to match up disparate video and audio systems and is ideally suited for broadcast facilities, production trucks, and other multiformat production environments.
FS2 can be used for a variety of video and audio signal conversion, adaptation, timing and processing applications, including:
• Dual-channel, 10-bit up/down/cross convert between various SD and HD formats, including 1080p50/60
• General-purpose dual HD/SD frame synchronization
• Analog-to-digital and digital-to-analog audio/video conversion
• Mux or demux of two separate HD signals from one 3G SDI signal
• Convert 3G/HD/SD video over fiber to/from SDI (BNC)
• Built-in video processing amplifiers to adjust and/or color correct.
• Synchronize the timing of key and fill signals by putting both through the parallel FS2 video channels and adjusting their timing independently
• Dolby E encoding and decoding with full-channel mapping (available as an option)
FS2 is available for $4995. Also available are dual fiber options for $295 and single-fiber options for $195. Optional features that will also be available for FS2 at a later date include Dolby E encoding for $3895 and Dolby E decoding at $2995.