Francisco, Calif. - Tweak Software, developers of the RV image and
sequence viewer for animation and visual effects, announced the
availability of RV 3.8. With the release of the new version, Tweak
begins offering its popular RVIO Sequence Converter as a separate
product and delivers new features.
Tweak's RV software is in use by leading VFX and CG animation studios, such as Industrial Light & Magic, Weta Digital, Tippett Studio, and Aardman Animations. RV's professional, high-performance toolset is built on an open, extensible architecture allowing users to adapt the software to their own pipelines and styles of working.
RV 3.8 includes new tools and performance enhancements that help make it easier for artists to collaborate, review work, and review media with audio, such as:
- Annotation tools to mark up RV sessions by drawing on the frame
- One-click sync so artists can easily connect and review media (including synced drawing)
- Audio waveform display and timeline magnifier to inspect audio sync
- 64-bit processing on all platforms (Windows, Linux, Mac OSX)
- Hardware acceleration for the RVIO Sequence Converter for faster image conversions, color corrections, and slap comps.
The new release also extends Tweak's pipeline integration capabilities, with:
- The ability to launch RV from links in web pages, email, chat, documents, and more, using the 'rvlink' URL
- HTTP support in the scripting language for communicating with web servers
- Python network API for controlling RV remotely
With the release of RV 3.8, Tweak Software offers three product options: RV solo ($299 per license), RVIO ($199 per license), and an RV/RVIO bundle ($399). Licenses can float among workstations or be installed on a single computer.