San Francisco, Calif. - Digital Anarchy, a provider of cost-effective software for photographers and Photoshop artists, announced a free update to its popular ToonIt! Photo plug-in. ToonIt! 2.5 helps artists create cartoon-like images from photographs, and freeing them from time-consuming techniques, such as hand-painting and masking.
A believable cel-shaded "toon" effect is automatic, and users have a great deal of control to customize the cartoon with different paint styles, shading, and outlines. The feature-packed 2.5 update expands ToonIt!’s cartoon outline effect with three new styles: Woodcut Outlines, Conte Outlines, and Scratchboard Outlines.
A new option called Supersmart Blur has been added for more stylization of the cartoon color fields. ToonIt 2.5 has an improved interface with its controls rearranged into more intuitive groups. Minor UI elements for workflow improvement have also been added.
New features for ToonIt! 2.5 include:
• New Outline Effects: Woodcut Outlines, Conte Outlines, and Scratchboard Outlines provide three new options for stylizing the line quality of the cartoon.
• New Color Blur Option: The new Supersmart Blur has been added for more stylization options of the cartoon color fields.
• Improved Interface: The ToonIt! interface has been rearranged with its controls placed into more intuitive groups for a better workflow.
• Toggled Preview: A Caps Lock disable command gives the option of turning on/off the ToonIt! preview, which makes the design process faster.
• New Cartoon Presets: The Preset Manager now ships with more cartoon presets to make the tooning process fun and easy.
ToonIt! Photo for Photoshop is regularly priced at $159 USD. Version 2.5 will be on sale for $99 until February 7, 2010.