Sunnyvale, Calif. - AMD has launched the first of a new family of ATI FirePro professional graphics solutions with ATI Eyefinity technology, designed to deliver performance advances and productivity leadership. The ATI FirePro V8800, the only professional graphics solution in the world supporting ATI Eyefinity multi-display technology and Microsoft DirectX 11 technology, is now available from AMD and its technology partners.
The ATI FirePro V8800 is an affordable (MSRP $1499 USD) solution, delivering 2.6 teraflops of raw computing power with high memory bandwidth (147.2 GB/s) ─ more than two times the compute power of the previous generation ─ making it well suited for manipulating large and complex photorealistic models in real time.
In the coming months AMD plans to round out its next-generation ATI FirePro family, offering a number of solutions to meet the various 2D and 3D needs of professionals working in CAD, Digital Content Creation (DCC), Broadcast, Medical Imaging, and Financial Services.
With ATI Eyefinity technology, professionals can use up to 2x the screen workspace with a single card and increase productivity. Three and four display desktop configurations are simple to enable with the ATI FirePro V8800 – users only need to connect the additional displays to the graphics card.
· With one ATI FirePro V8800, users can drive up to four independent 30-inch displays, enabling 16.4 million pixels in vivid color detail for a truly immersive environment.
· Expansive desktop space: manage multitasking more efficiently, and view more designs, applications, and images at once.
· Speedy workflows: avoid time-wasting application-switching, window-sorting, mouse-clicking, and scrolling.
· Single desktop: support for an intuitive Graphical User Interface allows configuration of a single desktop surface across multiple displays.
· Synchronized outputs: ATI Eyefinity technology works seamlessly with ATI FirePro S400 Synchronization Module, enabling up to four displays per graphics card to be synchronized at a time.
Next generation ATI FirePro professional graphics are designed for and ready to support leading industry standard application interfaces, including OpenGL, OpenCL, and DirectX 11.
AMD works closely with leading application providers to optimize ATI FirePro professional graphics, and ATI FirePro professional graphics have been certified on more than 90 applications. All ATI FirePro professional graphics are tested against a battery of simulations and real-world scenarios to ensure compatibility and stability. AMD also issues regular updates to its unified driver, delivering performance improvements, enhanced features and support across the ATI FirePro family.