Las Vegas - The Academy of Interactive Arts & Sciences (AIAS) has announced the speakers for the upcoming D.I.C.E. (Design, Innovate, Communicate, Entertain) Summit. The Summit is an exclusive, high-level gathering of the brightest and most creative minds across many industries to discuss the trends and the future of the interactive entertainment industry, says a company official.
· David Gallo, director of special projects, Woods Hole Oceanographic Institute, and one of the first oceanographers to use submarines and robots to map the undersea world, as well as being part of the team that discovered and mapped the Titanic
· Richard Lemarchand, game designer, Naughty Dog, has worked directly on the design and production of twelve major console game titles, including this year’s best selling title Uncharted Two: Among Thieves
· Brian Reynolds, chief creative officer, Zynga Games, the largest developer of social games, previously strategy game designer for award winning, multi-million selling games Civilization 2:Rise of Legends and Sid Meier’s Alpha Centauri
· Mike Yuen, senior vice president content and services, Zeebo Inc, is responsible for worldwide content and services, publishing, and developer relations including, evangelizing, growing, maintaining and supporting relationships with publishers and developers in games, education and other services
Included this year is a panel headed up by Jamin Brophy-Warren, writer covering arts
and entertainment with a focus on videogames and editor of Kill Screen Magazine, spent
four years with the Wall Street Journal as an entertainment reporter.
· Navid Khonsari, director, writer, producer on feature films, television series, documentaries, and video games
· Manveer Heir, lead designer at Raven Software, as well as writing a column for Gamasutra, “Design Lesson 101”
· Dmitri Williams, assistant professor, USC’s Annenberg School, where he teaches courses on virtual community, new technology and video games
WHEN: February 17-19, 2010
WHERE: Red Rock Resort
11011 W. Charleston
Las Vegas, Nevada