New Orleans - TurboSquid's 3D application plug-in, Tentacles, is now available for the trueSpace 3D application.
Tentacles is an Adobe flash-based plug-in that integrates the TurboSquid online library and purchasing process into a variety of popular 3D applications, enabling users to browse, compare, and purchase 3D content (including models, textures, mocap data, and more) without leaving the 3D applications in which they are working.
People using the latest version will be able to publish their trueSpace creations for sale on TurboSquid.com, without having to leave either Tentacles or trueSpace.
With Tentacles, artists can perform the following functions without leaving their 3D application window:
* Publish 3D models into the TurboSquid marketplace. Easily upload and capture metadata to make publishing simple
* Store media, materials, models and more with free online storage
* Create secure and shareable Workspaces. Invite clients and collaborators to see and contribute to projects online
* Manage a content library using an advanced file system and search engine
* Browse and purchase products from the collection of Turbo Squid models
* Search for models based on price range, category, file format, date of publication, or "trusted user" rating
* Compare products side-by-side
* Save payment information and wish lists
* Unpack and import models into 3D applications from the Tentacles shopping cart
Tentacles is free and available now. Download Tentacles as a standalone or for the following 3D applications: Caligari trueSpace (7.6), Autodesk 3dsMax (v7/8/9, 2008), Autodesk Maya (v7/8/8.5), Softimage XSI (v4.2/5.1/6), Cinema4D (v9.5).