New Orleans - TurboSquid, home to a large collection of royalty-free 3D models, has released AfterBurn from Sitni Sati.
AfterBurn 4.0 assists in creating volumetric particle effects for Autodesk 3ds Max. AfterBurn effects have been production-proven in many cinematic events such as Armageddon, Scooby Doo 2: Monsters Unleashed, The Matrix Reloaded, and various IMAX films. It has also been an essential tool in the development of a number of computer games such as Warcraft 3, Starcraft, Diablo 2, FinalFantasy X, Sin, Mechwarrior 3, Hellgate: London, and many others.
AfterBurn features animated Bezier keys for Animation Flow Curves and TCB interpolation for gradients. Artists also have the ability to interpolate based on particle age, velocity, distance from the emitter, or distance from any object. You can even render volumetrics using G-Buffer channels and apply glows and other post processes to AfterBurn effects. These powerful tools provide the ability to create some truly astonishing 3D renderings.
· Octane Shader, a fast and efficient renderer for handling thinsmoke and other effects that don't require full 3D shading.
· AfterBurn effects can now be contained within geometry, or bevisible only to camera/reflection/ refraction.
· Users of the Thinking Particles plug-in can pipe TP Data Channelvalues (including color) to AfterBurn via AFC contollers.
· In addition to built-in noise types, AfterBurn 4.0 can use any 3D texture map to define its density. It even allows you to write your own noise types.
· Viewport display is improved, showing per-particle color andrelative density.
· More AfterBurn methods and AFC and Gradient controllers are exposed to MAXScript.
· Afterburn effects enable glows based on particle age, and transfers Z-buffer information so you can easily apply Glow or Depth of Field effects.
AfterBurn 4.0 is available now from TurboSquid and authorized resellers around the world at a cost of $545.