Santa Clara, Calif. - Nvidia has announced NVISION 08, a three-day event created specifically for the millions of professionals and enthusiasts who are passionate about visual computing.
NVISION 08 is expected to bring together engineers, designers, developers, researchers, artists, enthusiasts, gamers, film makers, business professionals, and consumers from every field of the visual computing universe. The event will be held August 25 through 27, 2008, in San Jose, California, in the heart of Silicon Valley, and will serve as a gathering point to share, learn, and create for this industry.
"Visual computing is an amazing field that brings together the leading edge of technology, science, and art. Its power has simultaneously made it a tool for creation, a medium for artistic expression, and a platform for entertainment, exploration, and communications," says Jen-Hsun Huang, president and CEO, Nvidia. "Visual computing is transforming industries all over the world -- from games, movies, and automobiles, to advertising and medicine. Yet this is just the beginning of the visual computing era. We are excited to launch this one-of-a-kind event to celebrate the achievements of our industry and to create an environment where we can collaborate to create the future of visual computing."
NVISION 08 events will include:
- Presentations by industry leaders and visionaries
- Conferences, breakout sessions, workshops, and expert panels
- Multiple technical tracks for industry professionals
- iGames Expo
- Digital art gallery and HD theater
- Live musical and visual entertainment
- Guinness World Record-breaking-attempt LAN party
- Electronic Sports World Cup (ESWC) Grand Final
- NVIDIA PartnerForce conference
Conference registration and sponsorship information is available at http://www.nvision2008.com/.