Madrid, Spain - Next Limit Technologies has updated its rending software tool, Maxwell Render, to Version 1.7.
This update, available now, boasts such new and improved features as:
* A new Physical Sky system: several real-life, physically accurate parameters can be used to control the look of the sky and the resulting light in the scene, ranging from common Earth values to exaggerated fantasy skies.
* A new Sub-Surface Scattering component: fully rewritten, the Maxwell SSS component follows an entirely new approach compared to the old system.
* Enhancements in the Material Editor: incremental updates in the material preview, storing material swatches, new image controls, wizards, and more. An easier-to-use and faster Material Editor.
* Plug-in enhancements: all available plug-ins have been updated to ensure full compatibility with Version 1.7, and have gained improvements and bug fixes.
* Improvements in Maxwell Studio: texture handling and memory optimizations, Realtime OpenGL preview of Physical Sky, improved material browser, and more.
A complete overview of new and improved features and an extensive guide to how to use them is included in the installation package and available from http://www.maxwellrender.com/files/what's_new_in1.7_guide.zip
Maxwell Render 1.7 and the updated plug-ins are available for download from the customer download area.
All Maxwell Render customers will receive an email with the new link.