Round Rock, Texas - Dell launched its most powerful, ISV-certified mobile workstation: the Dell Precision M6400. The Dell Precision M6400 and M6400 Covet mobile workstations are designed for professionals in the engineering, media, entertainment, and biosciences industries, with twice the cores and triple the storage capacity of similar products currently available.
The next-generation 17-inch mobile workstation is housed in an anodized aluminum chassis with edge-to-edge glass RGB LED
display. The M6400 supports up to 16GB of RAM, a 1 GB graphics card, Intel Core 2 Duo Quad-Core QX9300 Extreme Edition quad-core processor, featuring 4 memory slots and RAID capability with up to a terabyte of storage on two drives. This doubles the amount of memory and processor cores, and triples the storage available on Lenovo and HP mobile workstations today.
The Dell Precision M6400 is currently available in anodized Aluminum. The M6400 Covet, which comes in a one-of-a-kind, Vibrant Orange chassis, is coming by the end of the year.
Specifications of the Dell Precision M6400 include:
· Intel Core 2 Duo And Extreme Edition processors with 1066MHz front side bus and up to 12 MB shared cache. Up to X9100 (3.06 GHz) dual core or QX9300 (2.53 GHz) quad core processors.
· Up to 16GB2 dual-channel DDR3 1066MHz SDRAM on up to four slots
· Choice of 17-inch Dell Ultrasharp WUXGA RGBLED edge-to-edge (1920 X 1200), WUXGA RGBLED, WUXGA AntiGlare or WXGA+ AntiGlare (1440 x 990) displays
· NVIDIA Quadro FX 2700M (512 MB dedicated memory) or FX3700M (1 GB dedicated memory) graphics cards
· Storage options include: up to 500 GB hard drive (available in the coming weeks) and up to 128GB solid state drive
· Support for up to two hard drives and support for RAID 0 and 1
· Four USB 2.0 including e-Sata, IEEE1394 powered 6-pin and 8-in-1 memory card reader
· Nine-cell 85-watt hour battery
· Starting at 8.54 pounds