Marlborough, Mass. - Boris FX, a developer of integrated effects technology for video and film, announced that Boris Blue 2.5.1 supports Windows Vista and new Nvidia and ATI drivers qualified by Avid and Adobe.
Boris FX also announced new pricing and special offers.
Boris Blue 2.5 is now available for $595, a crossgrade for Avid FX or Boris RED users is $199, and a crossgrade for Boris FX or Boris Graffiti users is $299.
Users upgrading to Boris Blue 2.5 from Avid FX or Boris RED receive:
* More speed for previewing effects and rendering effects. Boris Blue uses Nvidia and ATI graphics cards for accelerated GPU rendering and preview.
* More sophisticated 3D looks because it has more advanced 3D lighting, more advanced materials for 3D surfaces, true 3D shape deformers for all shapes, and custom bevels and extrusion faces.
* Fast, powerful 3D Particle Emitters for realistic simulation of smoke, fire, and sparks.
* The ability to import 3D model files, such as .3ds (3ds Max) and .obj (Maya) geometry files, preserving individual geometry groups and maintaining editable texture and bump maps.
* Advanced 3D Camera features, including the ability to animate a camera along a bezier path.
Boris Blue is available as a plug-in for Adobe Premiere Pro CS3, Adobe After Effects CS3, and Avid editing and finishing systems on Windows. Blue may also be used as a standalone application. Boris Blue 2.5.1 is a free update for Blue 2.x users.