Clermont-Ferrand, France - Allegorithmic, an emerging 3D technology company developing texturing tools for real-time 3D content creation, has announced the immediate availability of MaPZone 2.6, its free professional texturing software.
MaPZone 2.6 - enhanced toolset and improved workflow gives artists control when creating high-quality, lightweight bitmap textures for animation, game, visual effects, online media, design, and architectural visualization projects. MaPZone 2.6 is free and is available for download from www.mapzoneeditor.com.
MaPZone 2.6 is an authoring tool designed specifically for editing and managing textures. Based on Allegorithmic's patented FXMaps technology, MaPZone allows users to locally edit procedural textures to create diffuse, specular, and normal maps that are resolution independent, match up perfectly, and seamlessly tile automatically.
New and improved features in MaPZone 2.6 include:
- New transformation operations, without automatic tiling, allows for precise and fast placement of image elements
- New bitmap image input node (similar to existing SVG input node) allows users to mix bitmaps and procedural noises, making it easier to add details and matter to texture creations
- New feature automatically flags normal maps for usage in DirectX or OpenGL
- New functionality allows nodes of the graph to be realigned horizontally or vertically
- Existing connections between nodes in the graph can now be modified by simple drag and drop
- Reposition camera and object in 3DEdit panel to their default positions
- Quicker access to Filter Menu by hitting [SPACE] key
MaPZone 2.6 is free and can be downloaded directly from Allegorithmicâ€™s Web site at www.mapzoneeditor.com.