Beaverton, Ore. - E-on software, makers of Vue solution for natural 3D environments, in association with Softimage, Cornucopia 3D, and 3D World magazine, announced the Vue 3D Environment Competition, designed to showcase the capabilities of 3D technology for CG environments.
Any version of Vue, including the free Vue 6 Personal Learning Edition (PLE), can be used to enter the competition. Judging will be based solely on the quality, realism, and artistic merit of the entries, not on the version of Vue used to create them. With a group of eight prestigious judges representing the different fields of the 3D entertainment industry, this competition is designed to be a unique chance for artists to have their work seen by industry experts, as well as to win more than $5000 in prizes.
The Vue 3D Environment Competition 2007 judges are leading figures in the world of 3D graphics, from the game, broadcast, and media industry segments. Among them are:
· Paul Huston - Digital Matte Supervisor, Industrial Light & Magic
· Takashi Nagasaki - CTO, Polygon Pictures
· Eran Dinur - Digital Matte Artist, LucasFilm Animation
· Stephane Belin - Senior Concept Artist, Electronic Arts
· Todd Akita - Technical Director, Psyop
· Susumu Yukuhiro - Concept Artist, Whiskytree
· Jim Thacker - Editor, 3D World magazine
· Leonard Teo - Product Marketing Manager, Softimage
The winner of the Vue 3D Environment Competition 2007 will receive Softimage XSI Essentials (worth $1995), Vue 6 xStream (worth $1035), and a one-year subscription to 3D World magazine (worth $150). The first runner-up will receive Vue 6 Infinite (worth $735), Softimage XSI Foundation (worth $495), and a one-year subscription to 3D World magazine ($150), while the second runner-up will receive a $200 voucher for Cornucopia 3D content.
The submissions deadline is Tuesday, July 31, 2007. The winners of the competition will be announced at the Siggraph show, in San Diego, on August 7, 2007.