Boulder, Colo. - Anark Corporation has released Anark Gameface 4.0, the latest version offering increased productivity and performance for artists and programmers engaged in game UI development.
Version 4.0 features such enhancements as:
- Complete "out of the box" integration with Emergent's Gamebryo engine.
- Streamlined integration with any game engine, features opt-in scene graph, extensive sample code, UI runtime engine, and detailed documentation.
- "Out of the box" preview on target platform, includes multiplatform viewer that provides real-time previewing on Xbox 360, PS3, and PC platforms.
- Up to 5x improvement in runtime speed and 10x improvement in memory management, results in consistent sub-millisecond scene refresh rates.
- Optimized COLLADA graphics pipeline enables artists to import their 3D models, materials, textures, and animations from
Autodesk 3ds Max and Maya.
- Component-based workflow allows large teams of UI artists and designers to work in parallel on any part of the UI project.
More than 20 new features were added to Gameface 4.0, including an array of workflow and performance improvements for artists and programmers. The result is a solution that will save time and money for the most demanding game-development titles.