SAN JOSE, CA – At the National Association of Broadcasters (NAB) Show, Adobe is showcasing advances to its complete lineup of video technologies and services that radically improve how broadcasters, filmmakers and video professionals create, collaborate, deliver and monetize content across multiple screens.
NAB will mark the first public preview of major updates to Adobe Creative Cloud video tools, including a revolutionary new color panel in Adobe Premiere Pro CC for instant color corrections and Morph Cut, which easily removes unwanted pauses and jump cuts for a more polished edit sequence as well as new Adobe Character Animator capabilities for Adobe After Effects CC that bring two-dimensional characters to life.
In addition, the company is previewing Project “Candy,” a mobile CC Capture app, which is the latest addition to the growing set of Create Cloud enabled mobile apps. It is connected to a user’s Creative Cloud Profile and therefore lets anyone using their smartphone camera capture amazing production quality lighting schemes and then apply them to video footage in Premiere Pro CC.
At NAB, Adobe is announcing significant enhancements to Adobe Primetime, which has emerged as the global leader in powering TV content across screens including over-the-top (OTT) devices such as Apple TV and Roku. Specifically, Adobe is unveiling innovations in video delivery, monetization and personalization to enable new OTT business models for content owners, programmers and pay-TV providers.
The company is partnering with service solution providers, including industry pioneer MLBAM, to offer innovative OTT programming for live, linear and video-on-demand services across TVs and screens everywhere.
Adobe is also previewing a new configuration for Adobe Anywhere, a collaborative workflow platform that enables distributed teams using products such as Premiere Pro CC and Adobe Prelude CC to work together – utilizing centralized media and shared projects to efficiently shoot, log, edit and finish video productions.
Unveiling the Next Wave of Innovation in Adobe Creative Cloud
Adobe will soon release significant updates to the video tools and technologies that are a key component of Creative Cloud. Key innovations include:
- The new Lumetri Color panel in Premiere Pro CC, a color workflow that combines the power of Adobe SpeedGrade CC technologies with Adobe Lightroom’s ease-of-use, allowing editors to quickly achieve great results for simple color corrections or complex looks.
- Capture inspiration anywhere with Project “Candy,” a new mobile CC Capture app that provides an easy way to capture and share production quality lighting and color schemes by using the camera on a mobile phone and then applying them to a project in Premiere Pro CC.
- Bring two-dimensional characters to life with the new Character Animator capabilities for Adobe After Effects CC. Adobe Character Animator solves the time-consuming process animators face by eliminating frame-by-frame adjustments. By acting out a character’s movement in front of a webcam, Character Animator tracks the movement of the user’s head, mouth and eyes and can trigger bodily movements using a keyboard to ensure characters are as lifelike as possible.
- Immediate access to creative assets with new Creative Profile support in Premiere Pro CC, After Effects CC and a growing set of Creative Cloud enabled mobile apps.
- Adobe Magic made possible by groundbreaking research to make everyday tasks easier and faster with new features such as Morph Cut in Premiere Pro CC that takes out unwanted pauses and jump cuts; Face Tracker in After Effects CC that tracks facial gestures for greater masking accuracy; and Time Tuner in both Premiere Pro CC and Adobe Media Encoder CC, automatically adjusts the duration of your video to a pre-set length while maintaining high quality results.
At NAB, Adobe is previewing the next major updates to Creative Cloud, Primetime and Adobe Anywhere. These updates are expected to ship in the coming months. The company is offering a special offer aimed at video professionals who switch to Adobe Creative Cloud, for US $29.99 a month for the first year. The offer is valid through May 29, 2015.