ANAHEIM, CA — The LightWave 3D Group, a division of NewTek Inc., unveiled NevronMotion motion capture retargeting software for LightWave 11.6 with support for the popular Microsoft Kinect camera. NevronMotion enables artists and animators to quickly and easily capture, adjust, and retarget motion data to 3D models inside LightWave.
NevronMotion extends the Virtual Studio Tools in LightWave 11.6 3D software to help artists:
- Capture live rig motion with the Microsoft Kinect camera
- Retarget motion capture directly in LightWave Layout
- Save and adjust captured motion data from the Kinect camera
- Easily adjust arm and leg mocap positions and layer hand-keyed animation on top of motion capture files
- Save and load retargeting presets for FBX, BVH, or custom set ups
- Preset rigs for Kinect and motion capture formats
- Quickly bake out motion to character rigs
"Working with motion capture files in LightWave is now extremely easy with the new tools in NevronMotion. Not only can artists quickly retarget a motion capture skeleton on LightWave characters, but they can create presets for retargeting to speed up working with custom motion capture libraries," explains Rob Powers, president, LightWave 3D Group. "And when paired with the Kinect Camera, the real-time performance and motion capture capabilities of NevronMotion make it a real game changer."
NevronMotion is priced at $299 (USD) and is expected to ship Q4 2013.