The new AMD FirePro A300 Series APUs combine industry-certified performance and reliability for professional applications with 24-hour customer support, delivering highly-tuned performance and robust feature support across a range of professional applications and tools.
AMD FirePro A300 Series APUs are among the first single-chip processors capable of delivering the workstation-class visual computing performance required for today’s advanced professional design workflows. The introduction of AMD FirePro A300 Series APUs offers OEMs and workstation integrators greater design flexibility, enabling new workstation designs that help save space, are energy efficient, and have low heat and noise levels without compromising true workstation-class performance and reliability.
- Support for AMD Eyefinity Technology for enhanced efficiency and immersive, multi-monitor productivity
- AMD Turbo Core technology, where CPU and GPU performance are dynamically scaled depending on workload demands, effectively providing a more responsive experience;
- Support for horizontal display resolutions up to 10,240 x 1600 pixels, enabling large desktop spaces across multiple high-resolution display devices for advanced multitasking
- Support for Discrete Compute Offload (DCO), allowing additional compute capability by using discrete AMD FirePro GPUs in parallel with APU graphics for extended GPGPU performance
- 30-bit color support to enable breathtaking image and color fidelity for advanced workflows such as color correction and image processing when using displays capable of 10-bit-per-channel operation
- Dedicated UVD (universal video decoder/VCE, or video CODEC engine) media encoding hardware for faster “fixed function” GPU processing of H.264/MPEG4 files and other motion media formats when using compatible software, to free up CPU resources for other tasks
The AMD FirePro A300 Series APUs will be available in systems from a number of workstation integrators starting this month.