SIGGRAPH Launches Business Symposium to Address Industry Needs, Direction
The SIGGRAPH Symposium: The Business Think Tank will debut at
SIGGRAPH 2011 in Vancouver, 7-11 August 2011. The one-day event brings together leaders to address the past, present, and future of the global computer graphics industry.
The Business Think Tank introduces an opportunity for industry leaders and visionaries to discuss issues related to finance, strategy, culture, and creativity in a conversational environment. This full-day event on 7 August 2011 features discussion groups and two enlightening featured speakers intended to spark frank and honest interaction about the industry in the 21st century.
"The intimate, interactive nature of this inaugural Business Think Tank is the ideal forum in which to inspire idea-sharing and problem-solving among some of the visionaries within the global computer graphics community," says Jill Smolin, SIGGRAPH 2011 director from 3ality Digital. "This highly interactive day will feature conversations and presentations of industry-specific issues and challenges within our local and global community."
Planned participants include:
- Gail Currey, Head of Studio, PDI/DreamWorks
- Andy Hendrickson, Chief Technology Officer, Walt Disney Animation Studios
- Victoria Alonso: EVP,VFX and Post Production, Marvel Entertainment, LLC
- Rory Armes: CEO, Gener8 Digital Media Corp.
- Dan Glass: EVP, Senior VFX Supervisor, Method Studios
- Namit Malhotra: CEO, Prime Focus
- Don McGowan: General Counsel, The Pokémon Company International
- Marc Weigert: Executive Producer, VFX Supervisor, CEO, Uncharted Territory, LLC
- Steve Bocska: CEO, Pug Pharm Productions Inc.
- Kim Davidson: Co-Founder, CEO, President, Side Effects Software Inc.
- Warren Franklin: CEO, Rainmaker Entertainment Inc.
- Jenny Fulle: Founder, Visual Effects Producer, The Creative Cartel
- Shannon Gans: CEO, Co-Founder, New Deal Studios Inc.
This Symposium is a new initiative for SIGGRAPH, and is intended to accommodate approximately 200 people who are on the business side of the industry-whether artists who are now company leaders or leaders who work with artists. They are the people who look to each other and other leaders to define and run the industry.
Registration for the SIGGRAPH Symposium: The Business Think Tank is now available. Attendance for this event is very limited.