San Rafael, Calif. - During SIGGRAPH 2011, Autodesk Inc. will showcase its Digital Entertainment Creation (DEC) technology, both in Vancouver (booth #429, West Building) and on AREA, its online digital entertainment and visualization community.
Presentations by experts from Autodesk and industry leaders--including Pixar Animation Studios, Electronic Arts, and Microsoft--will demonstrate how Autodesk's pipeline solutions help artists create more believable characters, tell better stories, and deliver more realistic results, says a company spokesperson.
Autodesk thanks its strategic booth partners HP and Nvidia, as well as technology partner Fusion-io. HP and Nvidia are also strategic virtual event partners.
At Autodesk booth #429, Autodesk and a variety of guests will offer modern pipeline demonstrations and presentations on a number of new production techniques and topics:
• Virtual production techniques for larger-scale productions, as well as low-budget projects with Microsoft Kinect
• Redimensionalization of planar (2D) imagery for stereographic projection
• 3D motion graphics workflows in conjunction with Adobe and Autodesk Smoke 2012
• Advanced games authoring, featuring Project Skyline real-time, interactive character animation with live linking to the game engine
Guest presentations will be offered by Jay Shuster (Pixar Animation Studios); Kevin Wittkopf and Geoff Richardson (Microsoft Kinect/Triangle Productions); Nolan Murtha and Richard Baneham (Lightstorm Entertainment); Chris Edwards (The Third Floor Inc.); Frederick Fowles (Rainmaker Entertainment); Jeremy McCarron, Brad Oleksy and Troy Thibodeau (Electronic Arts); Justin Denton (HALON Entertainment); and Damian Nenow (Platige Image Film Studio). Autodesk and NVIDIA will also co-present a future technology demonstration of cloud-based rendering services.
SIGGRAPH on AREA
Beginning Aug. 9, Autodesk will also offer virtual SIGGRAPH activities on AREA, including AREA TV programming, with live streaming of booth presentations, free Autodesk MasterClasses, and interviews with industry experts from the show floor-offered in conjunction with Animation World Network.
The following four free online MasterClasses will be available on AREA during and after SIGGRAPH:
• Using 3ds Max in the Realm of Visual Effects, by Joe Gunn, 3D visual effects artist and trainer, Joegunn3d
• Next-Gen 3D Head Creation: Modeling, Rigging and Animation with the Entertainment Creation Suite, by Laurent M Abecassis, president, Di-O-Matic Inc.
• Live Animation Binding, by Mark Jackson, lead technical supervisor, Eurocom Entertainment
• Animating Animals: Tips and Tricks to Animating Believable Animal Characters in a Live Action Feature, William Groebe, animation supervisor, Tippett Studio
Throughout the show, Autodesk will also display art created with Autodesk SketchBook software on the Autodesk AREA page and at the Autodesk booth. SketchBook creations may be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org. To learn more, visit AREA at area.autodesk.com/siggraph2011