Educational Pricing Available for ChronoSculpt Time-Based Content Sculpting Software
BURBANK, CA — The LightWave 3D Group, a division of NewTek, Inc., announced a new ChronoSculpt educational pricing program that offers the full version of ChronoSculpt to qualifying students and educators for the special price of $149. ChronoSculpt is regularly priced at $399.
Chronosculpt offers a revolutionary new way for artists using any professional 3D modeling and animation software running on Windows, Macintosh or Linux operating systems, to easily create content with custom morph targets or fluidly sculpt animation performances over time. ChronoSculpt can also be used to review and correct cache animation and dynamic simulation errors using timeline-based sculpting tools. Its flexible interface supports leading file formats for all professional 3D software programs, including LightWave 3D, Autodesk 3ds Max, Maya and XSI, Luxology Modo, Maxon Cinema 4D and others.
The software supports soft- and rigid-body dynamics and has the ability to correct and remove errors in real time by sculpting and deforming massive polygonal models on the ChronoSculpt timeline without having to return to the original software.
ChronoSculpt allows 3D artists to:
- Quickly remove dynamic simulation errors and jitters and sculpt deformations on cache files from 3D software programs
- Deform and manipulate geometry over time with Sculpt, Drag, Pinch, and Erase tools
- Move, scale and rotate geometry over time in dynamic simulation cache with tools such as Transform, Pin, and Bulge
- Manipulate massive geometry files and easily edit objects as large as 10 million polygons
- Utilize universal file formats, including Alembic, LWO, OBJ, LightWave MDD, and Autodesk Geometry Cache for easy integration into all software pipelines
- Save any frame from the ChronoSculpt timeline as an OBJ file for Maya Blend Shapes or as an Endomorph for LightWave to create facial morph targets and deformation effects
- Use the ChronoSculpt Clip Timeline to quickly adjust and reposition the length of a cache animation sculpt anywhere on the timeline or make global changes to the entire animation