The booths are dismantled, the computers packed away, and the carpets rolled up as another NAB becomes but a memory for attendees of this annual conference and exhibition.
This year, more than 98,000 people filled the exhibition halls and conference rooms, all of them eager to get a look at the latest industry technology. And indeed, there was a plethora of exciting announcements that did not disappoint. The staff of Computer Graphics World literally logged miles daily on the trade-show floor to ensure that its readers are informed of the latest and greatest product rollouts and announcements.
Once again, there were some offerings that stood out from the rest, with the potential of having a major impact on the industry presently or in the near future. These are the winners of CGW’s 2014 Silver Edge Awards, determined to be the best of show at NAB 2014.
- HP’s Z27x and Z24x DreamColor displays
- Autodesk’s Flame 2015
- Autodesk’s Flame Assist
- AJA's CION production camera
- Blackmagic Design’s URSA 4K camera
- Blackmagic Design’s Cintel film scanner
- The Devil & Demon Strategy’s Devil and Demon supercomputers
- AMD’s FirePro W9100 graphics card
- The Foundry’s Nuke Studio
- Nvidia’s Iray Visual Computing Appliance