LOS ANGELES — Shotgun Software revealed the details of its next two releases, 5.2 and 5.3, which significantly expand Shotgun's review and approval tools with a new Media App and an integrated Client Review Site.
The Shotgun Media App takes project collaboration to a new level with an artist-friendly studio-wide media library, making it fast and easy for anyone in a project to add media, create playlists, view and annotate images or movies, and share media with anyone on the project, right from any web browser. The Client Review Site in the upcoming 5.3 release this February provides one-click publishing of any playlist to a simple and secure website designed specifically for client presentations, providing external clients with simple tools to review media, and provide feedback with notes and annotations. From concept to final delivery, these updates provide film, tv, and games studios with tools that dramatically cut down the time and cost of managing and reviewing work.
Additional Shotgun 5.2 features include:
- Drag and drop one or more files into the browser to immediately upload them to the project.
- Automatic transcoding of all media and thumbnails for playback in the browser.
- Leverage Shotgun's advanced permission controls to define who can access media.
- Fast playlist creation, with drag and drop editing tools.
- Share links to any playlist with anyone on the project to get them directly to a specific collection of media.
- Quickly see new media you have not yet viewed to catch up on the latest work.
- Simple searching and advanced filtering makes it quick to find the media you are looking for.
- New darker UI that presents your work in the best possible light.
Shotgun 5.2 featuring the new Media App goes live to all Shotgun subscribers this weekend. The Client Review Site will be released this February with Shotgun 5.3. Both releases are free to all subscribers.
View a quick video tour on the Shotgun blog: www.shotgunsoftware.com/MediaApp