CORVALLIS, OR- Motion-capture provider OptiTrack has announced the launch of Motive, a unified software platform designed to eliminate the complexities historically associated with motion-capture workflows. Motive delivers cleaner motion data, enables larger capture volumes and can be tailored to meet a full range of production studio and research facility needs.
With an easy-to-navigate interface, Motive provides a high-performance solution for data management and processing as well as skeleton solving. When customized with the Motive Body Module add-on, the system delivers simultaneous full body and finger tracking, even in very large capture areas.
Motive key features include:
- 64-bit, multi-threaded architecture facilitates the tracking of more objects and actors, longer recordings, and support for hundreds of cameras per system
- Body Module add-on provides one-click subject calibration, precision finger tracking (with Flex 13 or Prime cameras) and kinematic labeling for clean real-time output
- System setup has been simplified to reduce prep time by 75 percent and can be handled by a single operator
- Flexible architecture and free SDKs offer users to access data at any stage, providing users a truly open motion capture platform
- New shot management system, with drag and drop asset selection
- Easy export of Motive skeleton to a fully proportioned Autodesk MotionBuilder actor with marker set
Motive is available for $999, and the Body Module add-on is available for $1,499. Existing OptiTrack customers with current software licenses will be upgraded to Motive at no additional cost.