According to the company, the development team has listened to a huge amount of customer feedback during the past year, and subsequently made significant enhancements to the core functionality in this new version.
Highlights of Modo 701 include:
- Procedural particle engine with an easy to use pre-set workflow
- Audio playback and a sound channel modifier, bringing animations to life
- Schematic improvements, reducing scene graph complexity
- Dedicated dynamics simulation layer, significantly improving performance
- Simplified complexity of materials and layered shaders
- Large-scene performance improvements by as much as 175x
- Preview render synchronization improvements, over 50x faster in large scenes
- New Python interpreter, making python execution many times faster
- Unlimited network rendering
Additionally, following a substantial internal engineering effort and with the assistance of partner The Foundry, Modo will soon be available on Linux, bringing it to all three platforms.
"We've made such big improvements to the existing architecture of the software in Modo 701 that 601 users will notice a huge leap forward. We've also added some really cool functionality, like the new particle system. This release will truly deliver on the philosophy that perfection comes through refinement," said Brad Peebler, co-founder of Luxology.
More information on the release and its features will be released in the coming weeks.