Io 4K will offer a broad range of video and audio connectivity, supporting the latest 4K and UltraHD devices. AJA's proven conversion technology allows realtime high-quality scaling of 4K and UltraHD to HD. Io 4K will also seamlessly integrates with leading post-production and delivery tools such as Final Cut Pro X, Adobe Creative Cloud, AJA Control Room, Telestream Wirecast 5 and more to be announced.
Key Io 4K features will include:
- Portable 4K/UHD and HD/SD capture and playback across Thunderbolt 2
- Use with the new Mac Pro for video output up to 4K at 10-bit quality
- Backwards compatible with existing Thunderbolt hosts
- 4x bi-directional 3G-SDI
- 4K/UHD HDMI I/O
- Simultaneous SDI and HDMI outputs
- Real time 4K to HD down-conversion for HD-SDI and HDMI monitoring
- 10-bit high-quality 4:2:2 and 4:4:4 workflow support
- Two Thunderbolt 2 ports support hosting, daisy-chaining of displays, storage and more
- 16-channel embedded audio on SDI
- 8-channel embedded audio on HDMI
- DB-25 analog audio output connector
- XLR 12V power for battery or AC use
- RS422 VTR control, Reference, LTC Input
- Headphone jack and level control for mobile environments
"Io 4K leverages the latest technology in our industry, all in one sleek portable box," said Nick Rashby, president, AJA Video Systems. "It bridges 4K workflows to HD, to the latest 4K and UltraHD displays, and to the Mac over the amazing Thunderbolt™ 2 interface."
Io 4K will be available when the new Mac Pro ships, via AJA's global network of resellers.