OXFORD, UK — Vicon, developer of award-winning motion-capture (mocap) products for the entertainment, life science and engineering industries, has officially released Blade 2, powered by Axiom following a successful alpha program.
Blade 2 is the first entertainment motion-capture processing software to deliver real-time results out of the box. Two years in development, Blade has been completely re-engineered with a new live engine called Axiom, which faithfully reproduces a live stage-captured performance with an accurate, fast, clean, real-time digital visualization. Blade 2 is capable of easily managing the capture of multiple characters, complex production scenarios and difficult shooting conditions.
Features of Blade 2 include:
* New real-time processing of digital character animation during a motion-capture shoot.
* Automatic fixing of occlusions for flawless visuals during real time shooting and faster processing of the offline data.
* Capture multiple, simultaneous range of motions (ROMs), saving time during setup.
* Quick Post allows offline access to Axiom’s real-time processing algorithms.
* Actor calibration up to 50 percent faster.
* Improved workflows and UI layout.
*Support for Vicon Active Wand for improved system calibration.
Phil Elderfield, Entertainment Product Manager at Vicon, said, “We’re excited with the launch of Blade 2 and Axiom. We’ve put a lot of hard work into this release and we’re confident that the results outperform anything else available. Whether for full-performance capture, for games or in a virtual production scenario, shooting mocap has become much more practical. The creative benefits and efficiency gains of seeing the performance of a live actor mapped straight onto a digital character in real-time will change the way motion capture is being used.”