Cheetah3D provides many of the most useful features and organizes them within an intuitive, easy to use UI. The software contains tools such as subdivision surface modeling, joint-based character animation system, UV unwrapping, texture painting, rigid- and soft-body dynamics, PDF import, global illumination renderer, and more.
The biggest change in v6.0 is the integration of the Bullet physics engine for the simulation of rigid-body and soft-body dynamics. It is now easy to create a bowl of marbles spilling or simulating a flag waving in the wind.
Other major new features in Cheetah3D 6.0 include:
- Seamless integration of the physics engine with interactive real-time preview simulation baking for complex scenes
- Isosurfaces (metaballs) with support for balls, vertices, particles and splines keying (animation) of mesh vertices and spline control points
- Global scene search field: you can now search all objects and materials interactively
- Improved sweep and bevel tools
- Improved Collada export (iBooks Author compatible)
- Upgraded to the latest FBX SDK (v2012.2)
- Support for 16-bit textures
Cheetah3D 6.0 is priced at $99 for a single-user license. Customers may upgrade from Cheetah3D 1.x - 5.x for $69.00.