LOS ANGELES — Variety’s Film Technology Summit will take place on September 20th at the Hollywood & Highland Center is Los Angeles. Co-located with the 5th Annual 3D Entertainment Summit, the event will feature film industry leaders debating how technology will continue to impact filmmaking and exhibition.
Expert panelists will discuss the following topics:
- State of Film Production in the Digital Age
- The New Technology Playground - I-Filmmaking, Shooting in 4K
- What's Next on the Set?
- Sound - Hitting New High Notes in Film Production
- The Arrival of Higher Frame Rates: Are We Ready?
- Pioneers of the New Platforms
- What is Success in the Blending Worlds of Previsualization, Film
Production and Post-Production?
- Beyond the Bang: Masters of Creativity in Special Effects
Confirmed Speakers include:
Joe Letteri, a partner and VFX supervisor at Weta Digital & Visual Effects (The Hobbit, Lord of the Rings, Man of Steel, Rise of the Planet of the Apes), will present the keynote address.
Other confirmed speakers include:
- Ty Warren, EVP, Physical Production, Legendary Pictures
- Chris Edwards, CEO, Third Floor & Previsualization Creative Director (The Avengers, MIB 3, War Horse)
- Chris Weitz, Writer, Director & Producer (New Moon, A Better Life, Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist)
- Daniel Gregoire, Owner & CEO, Halon Entertainment & Previsualization Director (World War Z)
- Bonnie Arnold, Producer (How to Train Your Dragon 1 & 2, Toy Story, Tarzan)
- Darcy Antonellis, President, Warner Bros. Technical Operations
- Diego Velasco, Director, Anthony E. Zuiker's Cybergeddon for Yahoo!
- Darin Grant, Chief Technology Officer, Digital Domain
- Mark Stoeckinger, Supervising Sound Editor (Prometheus, Jack Reacher)
- David Stump ASC, Director of Photography, Visual Effects Supervisor & Stereographer (Immortals, Quantum of Solace, X-Men 1 & 2)
- Andy Hendrickson, CTO, Walt Disney Animation
- Michael K. O'Brien, Effects Technical Lead, Pixar
- Gabriel Schlumberger, Creative Director, Digital, Disney Publishing
- Lori Balton, President, Location Managers Guild of America & Location Scout (The Dark Knight Rises, Inception, The Lone Ranger)
- Steven Poster ASC, Director of Photography (Eli Roth's Hemlock Grove for Netflix) & National President, International Cinematographers Guild (ICG)
- Mark Magidson, Producer, Writer & Editor (Samsara, Baraka)
- Chris DeFaria, EVP, Digital Production, Warner Bros.
- Ben Grossman, Visual Effects Supervisor, Pixomondo (Oscar Winner for Hugo)
- Jenny Fulle, Visual Effects Producer (Ted) & Founder/Visual Effects
Producer, The Creative-Cartel
- Jay Redd, Visual Effects Supervisor, Sony Imageworks (MIB3)