The Adobe AIR App Challenge was launched in July and allowed developers to tap into native device capabilities and Adobe technologies for the opportunity to build Adobe AIR apps optimized for the new Android-based Sony Tablet S. The winning apps were selected based on quality and performance on Sony Tablets, innovation and creativity, and overall user experience.
Winners will receive a cash prize and premium promotion of their app on the Sony Tablets. All apps are now live and available for download from Android Market.
The winners are as follows:
- Grand Prize: Tweet Hunt by Red Interactive Agency Tweet Hunt is a classic shooting gallery game powered by Twitter.
- Best Game: Conveyor by drMikeyStudios Conveyor is a word game where users race the clock to score the most points.
- Best Entertainment App: Kidoodle: Pirate Scribblebeard by Kidoodle Apps Users join Oscar, Josephine and Pirate Scribblebeard in this new type of interactive, animated, drawing app for kids.
- Best Business & Productivity App: Conqu by AsFusion Conqu is an easy-to-use task management application that help users conquer their inbox with style.
- Best Lifestyle & Community App: Sylvester’s Band by Uncle Handsalt Sylvester’s Band is an interactive book for children ages 2-7, with 35-plus pages and English voiceover.
- Most Innovative App: Level by drMikeyStudios Level is a puzzle-platformer with a twist. Designed specifically for the Sony Tablet P, level takes specific advantage of the two screen layout.
- Max Public Favorite ($10,000 US): Cassandra Stand - News & Clock, by Small Screen Design Users can transform their tablet into a useful stand with date & clock, weather forecast and top stories from more than 50 countries.