Magic Bullet Suite 11 includes several exciting products in its lineup, including Magic Bullet Looks v2; Cosmo, a new tool for skin smoothing and cosmetic effects; and Grinder 1.5, a new product for fast, simple transcoding of DSLR/HDSLR footage to edit friendly formats.
Red Giant has streamlined Magic Bullet Suite 11 from eight individual installers to one installer for all nine products with one serial number. Magic Bullet Suite 11 is available immediately and remains priced at $799.
Magic Bullet Suite 11 made its industry debut last night at a series of Tweet Ups in Portland, San Francisco and New York City. During the Tweet Ups, the company premiered "Plot Device," a nine-minute short film directed by Seth Worley, and executive produced by Red Giant's own Aharon Rabinowitz. Aharon and Seth co-wrote the film, working together in close collaboration throughout the project. Plot Device was created to demonstrate first-hand the high-caliber work that can be created when using Magic Bullet Suite 11, even on a limited budget. The entire film was funded by Red Giant for under $9,000. Plot Device can be seen at the Red Giant site (http://redgiantsoftware.com/plotdevice), along with a short behind the scenes documentary on RedGiantTV.
"When I first designed Magic Bullet Looks, it was with the fundamental idea that a powerful tool can be fun to use. What the many creative users of Looks have taught me over the years is that a fun tool can be incredibly powerful. With this new we've taken that to heart, simplifying and streamlining the interface, and adding new creative tools," says Stu Maschwitz, designer of the Magic Bullet Suite.
Magic Bullet Suite 11 now encompasses nine color and image enhancement applications, and adds two new products; Cosmo a brand new tool for simple, elegant cosmetic clean up; and Looks 2, the long-awaited upgrade to the Company's popular color treatment and imaging tools.
Looks 2 delivers a significant upgrade and includes:
- A new, professionally designed and modernized user interface;
- 64 new and updated presets designed by professional colorists and designers;
- New scopes, including Hue/Lightness, Skin Scope, Hue/Saturation and Memory Colors
- 6 new tools including the Colorista 3-Way, Ranged HSL and Pop bringing the power of Colorista II right into Looks. New tools like Cosmo, Haze Flare and Lens Distortion open up users' creative possibilities.
- Video Out hardware support for Black Magic and AJA, the top customer request;
- Improved speed, size and resolution for better handling of large file formats and more efficient rendering;
- Full compatibility with Looks 1.
Cosmo is a new cosmetic clean-up tool that smoothes skin tones, softens problem areas, and fixes blemishes. Powered by Colorista II technology, Cosmo is a new addition to Magic Bullet Suite 11. Highlights include:
- Default settings assembled by Stu Maschwitz enable users to best capture the range of skin tones in most beauty shots. Artists can simply drop Cosmo on footage and continue working;
- Accurately identify skin tones: Cosmo uses the same automatic skin detection from Mojo and Looks 2;
- Sharper Details: Cosmo does an excellent job of smoothing out the skin, while giving users the control to ensure a model's facial details stay in focus. The Detail slider brings back the sharpness of important details;
- Color Correct: The Skin Color and Skin Squeeze sliders bring skin into an acceptable range of pleasing skin color;
- Smooth Skin: Skin Softening helps with subtleties of hiding blemishes and lightening wrinkles while preserving the natural skin grain;
- Simple, Fast: With Colorista II keying technology under the hood, Cosmo combines simplicity and speed with default settings that improve footage on the first pass, without the need for further customizing or tedious touchups.
All products in the Magic Bullet Suite 11 are 64 bit and designed for use with Adobe's Creative Suite 5.5, Adobe Premiere Pro, and Apple Final Cut Pro and Motion. Magic Bullet Suite 11 will also offer support for Final Cut Pro X in the near future.