Ideal for simulation and analysis projects requiring realistic and dynamic urban environments, such as Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) or Helicopter training, Air Traffic Control applications, and Driving simulation, AI.implant offers artificial intelligence capabilities for non-doctrinal, complex, and adaptable behavior including vehicles and complex human behavior.
"AI.implant allows developers to enhance realism and create dynamic environments with intelligent entities," said Eric Simon, Vice President, Modeling, Simulation Solutions & Services at Presagis. "This updated release addresses industry needs by improving attributes associated to traffic and human interactions and enabling users to build complex and realistic scenarios faster. Moreover, the industry will benefit from the ability to create a large scale, realistic environment for urban operations, including Helicopter, UAV training, and driving simulation applications."
As a COTS middleware product, AI.implant is advancing the state of modeling and simulation projects by seamlessly integrating into existing pipelines and simulation engines- enabling simulated agents to make sophisticated context specific decisions and to move in a realistic fashion within their environment.
AI.implant 5.7 focuses on the highly improved realism of road traffic and pedestrian interactions, including:
- Vehicles can now pass other vehicles using slower or oncoming lanes.
- Traffic lights can be customized to suit the simulation, and can also run in automatic mode. The TrafficSolver manages the advancement through the traffic light cycle as the simulation runs.
- A vehicle that is not in the correct lane when approaching an intersection will reset its path, and recalculate based on its current lane and where the lane allows it to go.
- Characters and vehicles can now replicate pedestrian crossing scenarios.
- Vehicles can now yield to oncoming traffic.