This is the first and only solution with performance and a form factor appropriate for professional users in fields such as geo-intelligence, digital content creation, computer-aided design (CAD), energy exploration, medical imaging and other visualization-intensive sectors. The new 27" display empowers users to work directly on screen to access and manipulate complex data and workflows, leading to higher productivity and faster decision-making.
Perceptive Pixel is renowned for its large-format solutions such as the Multi-touch Walls™ seen at many broadcast networks and the 55" LCD workstations deployed widely in government and defense installations. With the availability of a desktop-scale solution, professionals can now harness the power of Perceptive Pixel's advanced multi-touch interfaces in their daily work environment.
"This is literally the most advanced desktop display in the world," said Jeff Han, founder, CEO and chief scientist at Perceptive Pixel.
True multi-touch at this scale and fidelity was previously technically impossible. While projected capacitive technology is widely used in smaller handhelds and slates, it is notoriously difficult to deploy at large display sizes or if the sensor glass is placed close to a display due to electrostatic interference from the LCD panel itself.
To date, the industry has barely been able to achieve 24"+ diagonals; and in order to do so, manufacturers typically distance the sensor glass so far from the display, and with such a stiff thickness, that the resulting parallax makes the device unusable for serious applications. Worse, visual quality suffers tremendously from such a construction.
Perceptive Pixel engineers have achieved an industry first by optically bonding the sensor glass to the display, completely solving the parallax issue and resulting in gorgeous optics, while achieving an even better touch performance and an industry-shattering response time of under 1 millisecond.
"Our new 27" display is the first product to employ our patented projected capacitive (Pro-Cap) controller technology. It's a game-changer for the industry," said Han. "With our partners, we will fundamentally transform the way we work with computers. This new technology is a critical part of Perceptive Pixel's growth strategy, and it opens up tremendous opportunities for the display industry at large."
"Nvidia Quadro GPUs and SDI capture cards help Perceptive Pixel continue to deliver state-of-the-art, multi-touch, interactive technology," said Jeff Brown, general manager, Professional Solutions Group, Nvidia. "Harnessing the power of Quadro to provide the best possible graphical touch experience in their new 27-inch display ensures the same incredible visualization performance that users enjoy with their larger systems."
- Optically bonded
- 27" diagonal IPS (in-plane switching) LCD panel
- LED backlight
- Direct-drive zero-latency video processing
- Resolution: 2560x1440
- Colors (maximum): 16.7 million
- Viewing angle: 178° horizontal, 178° vertical
- Brightness (typical): 400 cd/m"
- Contrast ratio (typical): 1000:1
- Display response time (typical): 6.5 ms
- Results in very low touch parallax (the distance between the display image and the touch surface)
- Eliminates inter-reflections for crystal clear, uncompromised visual clarity
- Mechanically robust, durable surface
Patented PPI Multi-Touch Projected Capacitive Controller:
- True full-field multi-touch sensing with unlimited number of simultaneous touches and palm/forearm/object recognition
- True zero-force sensitivity
- High SNR (signal-to-noise); passes the "back of the fingernail" test
- Operable with bare fingers, latex/vinyl/nitrile gloves, fingernails
- Perfect edge uniformity
- Fast constant 120Hz sample rate
- Ultra-low latency (under 1ms)
- Huge interaction workspace, spaciously accommodating both of the user's hands
- Ergonomic flush-front bezel with oversized palm-rest border
- Innovative overscan sensing area
- Interaction surface is a thermally managed, chemically strengthened glass with anti-friction coating
- A variety of ergonomic articulating mounts offered