BEVERLY HILLS — The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences announced that 10 live action short films will advance in the voting process for the 84th Academy Awards.
One hundred seven pictures had originally qualified in the category. The 10 films are listed below in alphabetical order by title, with their production company:
- "Je Pourrais Être Votre Grand-Mère (I Could Be Your Grandmother)," Bernard Tanguy, director-producer (Rézina Productions)
- "Love at First Sight," Michael Davies, director and Sandra Gorel, producer (Spellbound Films)
- "Pentecost," Peter McDonald, director (EMU Productions)
- "Raju," Max Zähle, director and Stefan Gieren, producer (Hamburg Media School/Filmwerkstatt)
- "The Road Home," Rahul Gandotra, director-producer and Ameenah Ayub, producer (London Film School)
- "The Roar of the Sea," Ana Rocha Fernandes and Torsten Truscheit, directors (Niama Filmproduktion GmbH)
- "Sailcloth," Elfar Adalsteins, director-producer (Berserk Films)
- "The Shore," Terry George, director-producer (All Ashore Productions Limited)
- "Time Freak," Andrew Bowler, director and Gigi Causey, producer (Team Toad)
- "Tuba Atlantic," Hallvar Witzø, director (The Norwegian Film School/Den Norske Filmskolen)
The Short Films and Feature Animation Branch Reviewing Committee viewed all the eligible entries for the preliminary round of voting in screenings held in Los Angeles. Short Films and Feature Animation Branch members will now select three to five nominees from among the 10 titles on the shortlist. Branch screenings will be held in Los Angeles, New York and San Francisco in January 2012. The 84th Academy Awards nominations will be announced on Tuesday, January 24, 2012, and the Academy Awards will be presented on Sunday, February 26, 2012.