Beverly Hills, Calif. - The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences' Scientific and Technical Awards Committee have selected nine scientific and technical achievements for further awards consideration.
The committee has selected the following methods or devices for further consideration: |
- Micro-Voxel Volume Rendering (Side Effects Software Inc.)
- Mova CONTOUR Dense Mesh Motion Capture (Mova)
- ARRI Zeiss Master Primes Lens Family (ARRI Inc.)
- Phantom High-Speed Cameras for Motion Picture Production (Vision Research Inc.)
- Pictorvision Eclipse (Pictorvision Inc.)
- RealD Cinema System for Theatrical Projection of Stereoscopic Content (RealD)
- The "Lowry Process" (Reliance MediaWorks)
- FUJIFILM Black and White Recording Film ENTERNA-RDS for Archive (FUJIFILM North America Corp.)
- Lyre Microphone Suspension (Rycote Microphone Windshields Ltd.)
After thorough investigations are conducted on each of the entries, the committee will meet in early December to vote on recommendations to the Academy's Board of Governors, which will make the final awards decisions.
The 2011 Scientific and Technical Awards will be presented at the Beverly Wilshire in Beverly Hills on Saturday, February 11, 2012.