NEC Display Solutions Expands Multisync P Series with 24-inch Desktop Display
Chicago, Ill. - NEC Display Solutions of America, a provider of commercial LCD display and projector solutions, has unveiled the first model in its new generation of MultiSync P Series displays: the 24-inch widescreen MultiSync P241W desktop monitor.
The P241W, well suited to Web graphics and photography applications, uses an e-IPS panel and professional-grade desktop display features. It features a wide screen, USB hub with DisplaySync ProT, and customizable Picture Modes designed to improve productivity.
The P241W-BK-SV features hardware color calibration using the NEC SpectraView kit to deliver accurate color. The kit, compatible with both Apple Mac and Microsoft Windows operating systems, includes an optimized calibration sensor based on the X-Rite Eye-One Display2 and award-winning SpectraViewII calibration software.
"The new MultiSync P Series combines reliable, accurate screen performance with all the cutting-edge technology included in the MultiSync PA Series at a budget-friendly price," says Marshall. "One of the more unique features of the P241W is the ability to utilize two computers simultaneously through DisplaySync Pro and the integrated USB hub, which functions as a KVM device. This capability is invaluable to graphics professionals, and we're excited to introduce this feature into the MultiSync P Series."
A partial list of features of the MultiSync P241W includes:
- e-IPS LCD technology provides for the widest viewing angles available with minimal off-angle color shift
- 16:10, 1920 x 1200 native resolution
- 96.7% sRGB color gamut, 71.4% NTSC coverage
- 1000:1 typical contrast ratio
- 8ms response time (G to G)
- 360 cd/m" typical brightness, 250 cd/m" with Digital Uniformity Correction enabled
- XtraView+T (89°U/89°D/89°L/89°R) viewing angle, which provides the widest viewing angles with minimal off-angle color shift
- Internal 14-bit 3D programmable lookup tables (LUTs)
- DisplayPort, VGA and two DVI-D inputs
- Built-in USB hub (2 up, 3 down) with DisplaySync Pro to control two computers with only one keyboard and mouse
- Picture-in-Picture and Picture-by-Picture capabilities, which allow two video signals to be viewed simultaneously in a secondary window configuration
- ICC Profile Emulation for quick access to alternate color spaces
- Color Vision Emulation, which allows a real-time preview of Type P/D/T color vision deficiencies in support of Color Universal Design
- Touch capable
- AmbiBrightT ambient light sensor, which automatically adjusts the display's brightness based on external lighting conditions
- ECO ModeT and carbon footprint reduction
- Four-way ergonomic and quick-release stand (tilt, swivel, pivot and 150mm height adjust) with locking base
- SpectraViewII Color Calibration Solution, which includes software and colorimeter to provide automated monitor matching and calibration for accurate, consistent and repeatable color performance (included with P241W-BK-SV)
- Optional accessories include SpectraViewII software (SVII-SOFT), colorimeter (MDSVSENSOR), complete SpectraViewII Color Calibration Solution (SVII-PRO-KIT) and hood (HDPA212426)
The P241W features a 4-year limited parts and labor warranty with 48-hour Advanced Exchange, including the backlight, and will be available for September 2011 shipment with an estimated street price of $749. The P241W-BK-SV with SpectraViewII color calibration sensor and software will be available in September 2011 with an estimated street price of $1249.