Irvine, Calif. - Luxion, developer of advanced rendering and lighting technology, has announced KeyShot 2.2. KeyShot, for the creation of photographic images from 3D CAD models, offers improvements to the import pipeline and model interaction in real time that makes it even easier.
Render speeds have also dramatically improved, especially when working with complex materials. KeyShot 2.2 streamlines interoperability with leading CAD systems, offering native support for Autodesk AutoCAD.
KeyShot 2.2 improvements include:
Greatly enhanced import pipeleine
- Preservation of model structure from CAD model including all subassemblies
- Preservation of part / layer names
- Separate material column
Improved interaction with objects in realtime
- Part outline in the realtime window
- Move multiple objects
- Significantly faster handling of large assemblies
- Ability to duplicate objects
- Support for SolidWorks 2011 and prior 32/64bit (PC only)
- Official support for CATIA v5
- Official support for Autodesk Inventor 2011 and prior
- Official support for DXF/DWG (AutoCAD)
- Support for SketchUp 8 and prior
Render speed improvements
- Advanced Materials with complex settings render now up to 15 times faster
Support for 3Dconnexion 3D mice
- All 3Dconnexion 3D mice are now supported by KeyShot
Foreign language support
- KeyShot 2.2 is available in Chinese, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, and Polish.
KeyShot 2 is available for Mac and PC starting at $995. KeyShot 2.2 is a free upgrade to all existing KeyShot 2 customers.