Among those high-profile, live Webcasts are:
· March 11, 6 p.m.-10 p.m. CT: Ignite SXSW - Live from the Austin Music Hall, this kickoff to SXSW 2011 will bring together a blend of thinkers from business, art, technology, government and academia.
· March 12-13, 1 p.m. CT: "The Tech Guy," Leo Laporte will webcast live, via TWiT Live.
· March 12, 8 p.m. CT: Revision3's Diggnation - The popular tech culture show will produce its weekly show from SXSW, and post video on their website for on-demand viewing.
· March 13, 6 p.m. " target=_blank>CT: "Buzz Out Loud" live from SXSW - A special Sunday episode with hosts Molly Wood and Brian Tong.
· March 16, 12 p.m.-6 p.m. " target=_blank>CT: Taylor Guitars and Hello Music will co-host live music performances from Austin's Rusty Spurs, featuring 10 bands on two stages.
· March 16, 12 p.m.-5:30 p.m. CT: Chicken Ranch Records will live stream performances by their label's artists from Elysium.
· March 17, 12 p.m.-6 p.m. CT: MTV Garage at SXSW will broadcast live reports from downtown Austin on MTV.
NewTek will give away a TriCaster to one lucky winner at this year's SXSW. To find out more about this social media-based contest, click here<http://www.newtek.com/sxsw> . Hint: Photos, Friends, "Likes"
"This year, NewTek's booth will be a hub of tech inspiration, and TriCaster, the tool of choice to create live programming from SXSW," said Philip Nelson, senior vice president, strategic development, NewTek. "Many leading tech pundits, including Leo Laporte, Jim Louderback and CNET, will help fans sort through the latest technology with their TriCaster-powered shows."
SXSW attendees will see demos of the latest NewTek products including, TriCaster TCXD850 HD portable live production system, TriCaster TCXD850 CS hardware control surface, and TriCaster Virtual Set Editor that lets producers customize specially designed TriCaster HD live virtual sets. NewTek will also present LightWave 10 animation and effects software and 3PLAY multi-channel, HD/SD slow motion replay system.